The Friends also oversee the co-ordination of the school’s Form Parents – a key social group within the school, whose aims are:-
- To promote friendship among the girls, especially as they enter new classes.
- To promote friendship among the parents and create a real form community.
They do this by:-
- Organising outings for the girls… once a term is great but if there are lots of Form Parents you may wish to offer more.
- Collecting e-mail addresses of other parents to form a network.
- Finding out from the girls what they might like to do and looks out for ideas that might light their fires!
- Developing a two-way communication method with the girls about form events, in conjunction with the form tutor, and keeping parents informed.
The Form Parent Co-ordinators hold a Form Parents meeting once a year, usually in early October, to welcome new Form Parents - but also to get current Form Parents to share their experiences and expertise and swap ideas.
Previous tried and tested social events are gathered together here in our handy Form Parents Guide, so that you don’t have to start from square one!
Form Parent Co-ordinators
Judith Flashman email@example.com
Joanne Philpot firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact any of the above for any help or information about Form Parenting.